We are currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our accounting team in our Toronto Office.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Receivable Specialist will provide assistance in maintaining the records and preparing reports associated with billing, receivables and receipts.
- Verifying the accuracy and completeness of paper billing accounts, posting same in the accounting system, sending out accounts and maintenance of internal files with firm copies of accounts and docket reports
- Verifying accuracy and completeness of e-bills, submission to and coordination with clients and third party e-billing vendors, posting same in the accounting system and maintenance of internal files with firm copies of accounts and docket reports
- Working with legal assistants and lawyers to resolve any billing issues
- Verification and processing of approved credit notes, account cancellations and A/R write offs as required
- Preparation of daily bank deposits, including posting payments and attendance at the bank as required
- Processing trust deposits and requests for payments from the trust account
- Reconciliation of the A/R subledger to the general ledger
- Reconciliation of the bank account for a separate but related partnership
- Preparation of monthly reports relating to billing, receivables and receipts including billing reports, new client reports, reporting on overdue accounts and reminder statements
The successful candidate will possess 3 to 5 years experience in billing in a professional services environment. E-billing experience is required along with strong working knowledge of a variety of e-billing platforms. The candidate will also require knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel, as well as XML and LEDES files. Familiarity with Acumin would be an asset.
This position will suit a highly organized, multi-tasking individual who possesses impeccable attention to detail. The candidate will also use their strong ability to work effectively as part of a team and their excellent interpersonal, communication, client service and time management skills to excel in this position.
We offer a top compensation package: Fully-covered benefits (including family), very generous RSP Pension Plan and other top-tier law firm “perks”.
Please send your resumes to:
Rachel Doherty, Human Resources Coordinator
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hicks Morley welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.