We are currently seeking a Billing Specialist to join our busy billing team in our Toronto Office. The Billing Specialist will provide assistance in creating bills, maintaining records and preparing reports associated with billing. This role reports to the Billing Team Lead.
- Managing the billing cycle from beginning to end in liaison with lawyers and their assistants
- Preparing and posting invoices in the accounting system, sending out invoices, and maintaining internal files
- Reviewing and maintaining client billing guidelines, specific lawyer instructions, and special client rate or billing arrangements
- Applying Trust or retainer funds to accounts and processing adjustments such as credit notes, invoice revisions or invoice cancellations
- Preparing monthly billing reports and statements for clients and lawyers, and directly responding to billing inquiries
- Coordinating with the e-billing team and the accounting department to address any inquiries related to the billing process
- Any other duties as required
The successful candidate will possess over three (3) years of billing experience in a professional services environment, preferably within a law firm. The candidate would have completed post-secondary education, and would have strong knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel. Familiarity with Acumin would be an asset.
This position will suit a highly organized, multi-tasking individual who possesses impeccable attention to detail and has the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize work. The candidate will also use their strong ability to work effectively as part of a team and their excellent interpersonal, communication, client service and time management skills to excel in this position.
Based in the heart of Toronto’s financial and business district, Hicks Morley has over 120 lawyers and has supported clients on various employment and labour law matters for over forty years. We seek exceptional individuals who take pride in their work and know the importance of excellent client service. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, fully covered benefits (including family) and a generous RRSP, as well as other perks.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Hicks Morley welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please send your resumes to:
Manager, Human Resources
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.