Hicks Morley has an opening for a Desktop Application Specialist with responsibility for the firm’s PC desktop and application servers. This role has broad responsibilities and we are seeking an enthusiastic, smart, and a flexible team player to join our firm.
- Windows 10 desktop and laptop deployment and maintenance
- Leading both a review of the existing SCCM deployment and creation of a project plan for the optimization of the same.
- Using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to deploy new Win10 workstations, and firmware/driver updates and Windows patches post-deployment.
- Desktop applications include Office, iManage DMS, Acrobat Pro DC, InterAction, and other desktop applications in our environment – requires knowledge of the applications, deployment options, update, patch and configuration options from SCCM.
- Working with the applications team to develop application settings / changes and identifying training requirements
- Designing a deployment of the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office ProPlus.
- Application servers include iManage DMS, InterAction CRM, and others – requires knowledge of the application servers, SQL server and basic SQL query.
- Working with the Business Support Solutions Manager to become familiar with the data in our client/matter management system, DMS, and Interaction CRM.
- Participating in projects and rollouts both inside and out of the PC sphere.
- Creating workflows, documentation, and engaging constructively with others in the IT team to share information freely.
- Providing end user support to all members of the firm and being part of the Urgent Help line.
- The position reports to our Manager, Information Technology with whom you will work closely, keep up to date on your activities and seek approval for configuration changes.
- Have deep knowledge of Windows 10, Active Directory, Windows deployment tools, Group Policy, Bitlocker, and the Windows registry.
- Experience with Windows 10 Enterprise and Azure Active Directory will be an asset
- A strong trouble-shooter, a digger, and able to pull from various resources (i.e. formal support, internet sources, other members of the team, etc.) to find solutions to problems and requirements.
Please send your resumes to:
Manager, Human Resources
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.