We are currently seeking an experienced Labour & Employment Legal Administrative Assistant to join our professional legal team at our Toronto Office.
More about Us:
With over 120 lawyers, Hicks Morley is the largest firm in Canada focusing on the representation of management in human resources law and advocacy. Labour and employment law is the foundation of our firm’s growth – the depth and scope of our expertise in human resources law is the Hicks Morley advantage.
We have five offices in Ontario: the main office in Toronto, and offices in Waterloo, London, Kingston, and Ottawa. We act for over 1000 employers in the public and private sectors.
This position will suit legal administrative assistants who enjoy utilizing their strong organizational, multi-tasking and team player skills, in a congenial, professional atmosphere.
- Providing Legal Administrative support to a Partner and Associate
- Legal document preparation
- Liaison with Courts, Boards, Panels and Arbitrators
- Calendar Management and scheduling
- Daily maintenance of electronic and physical filing
- Digital Dictation
- Expense reporting, dockets and Accounts
- Other duties/projects as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A minimum of 4 years recent labour & employment law experience
- Familiarity with the current Rules of Civil Procedure
- Familiarity in working with Arbitration and Collective Bargaining procedures and the OLRB would all be definite assets
- Advanced technical skills including: MS Office and DMS
At Hicks Morley we offer a competitive compensation package: fully-covered benefits (including family) and a very generous RSP Pension Plan.
If you feel you are a great fit for this position, please send your resumes to:
Emily Butcher, HR Coordinator
Hicks Morley welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.