We are currently seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join the Litigation and Labour and Employment team at our Toronto Office.
More about Us:
With over 120 lawyers, Hicks Morley is the largest firm in Canada focusing on the representation of management in human resources law and advocacy. Labour and employment law is the foundation of our firm’s growth – the depth and scope of our expertise in human resources law is the Hicks Morley advantage.
We have five offices in Ontario: our main office in Toronto, and offices in Waterloo, London, Kingston, and Ottawa. We act for over 1000 employers in the public and private sectors.
This position will suit a legal administrative assistant who enjoys utilizing their litigation skills in a strong organizational, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills in a congenial, professional atmosphere.
- Providing Legal Administrative support to two busy Associates
- Heavy litigation work (preparing court documents, keeping deadlines in calendar)
- Daily maintenance of electronic and physical filing
- Expense reporting and dockets
- Other duties/projects as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A minimum of 4 years recent legal experience or from another professional services firm
- Experience working with highly confidential matters
- Litigation work experience
- Advanced technical skills including: MS Office (especially PowerPoint and Excel) and DMS
At Hicks Morley we offer a competitive compensation package: fully-covered benefits (including family) and a very generous RSP Pension Plan.
If you feel you are a great fit for this position, please send your resumes to:
Hicks Morley welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.