We are currently seeking an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Toronto office. Experience in litigation, labour and employment would be an asset.
More About Us:
Based in the heart of Toronto’s financial and business district, Hicks Morley has over 120 lawyers and has supported clients on various employment and labour law matters for over forty years. We seek exceptional individuals who take pride in their work and know the importance of excellent client service.
- Providing Legal Administrative support to a team of two or three lawyers
- Legal document preparation, including drafting Factums, Books of Authorities, Statement of Claims, Affidavit of Documents, Mediation Briefs, etc.
- Trial, Mediation and Arbitration preparation
- Liaison with Courts, Boards, Panels and Arbitrators
- Calendar Management and scheduling
- Daily maintenance of electronic and physical filing
- Expense reporting, dockets and Accounts
- Digital Dictation
The successful candidate will possess at least 4 years of recent legal experience and be familiar with the current Rules of Civil Procedure. Familiarity working with Arbitration, Collective Bargaining procedures and the OLRB would all be definite assets.
Advanced technical skills in MS Office, Document Management Systems, ACL, Adobe and law firm accounting software are required. This position will suit legal administrative assistants who enjoy utilizing their strong organizational, multi-tasking and team player skills, in a congenial, professional atmosphere.
We offer a top compensation package: fully-covered benefits (including family), very generous RSP Pension Plan and other top-tier law firm “perks.”
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Hicks Morley welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please send your resumes to:
Manager, Human Resources
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.