We are currently seeking a Financial & Reporting Analyst to join our team in Toronto office.
More About Us
With over 120 lawyers, Hicks Morley is a leading law firm in Canada focusing on the representation of management in human resources law and advocacy. We are pleased to announce that we are celebrating our 50th year in business. Labour and employment law is the foundation of our firm’s growth—the depth and scope of our expertise in human resources law is the Hicks Morley advantage.
Hicks Morley is a rapidly growing firm and we have five offices in Ontario: the main office in Toronto, and offices in Waterloo, London, Kingston, and Ottawa. We act for over 1,000 employers in the public and private sectors.
- Update monthly financial package for reporting to stakeholders using Power BI
- Spearhead preparation of annual management reports for partners’ compensation
- Maintain financial reporting datasets, creating new queries where necessary
- Build, monitor, and report on client budgets and fee arrangements, including on-demand variance analysis of budget to actual amounts
- Support fixed pricing initiatives by analyzing historical data and file staffing structures
- Assist with the preparation of the firm’s annual operating budget, as well as the annual external audit
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting, as well as engagement in the implementation of new processes and initiatives
- Monitor the financial and management reporting systems for identification of process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; CPA is preferred
- More than 3 years of experience in advanced financial analysis, planning and/or budgeting required
- Exceptional ability to work with financial reporting and visualization tools, particularly Power BI
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel; experience with SQL and MS Access an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality when interacting with internal and external clients
Why You Should Apply
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including RRSP program
- Flexible/hybrid work schedule
- Wellness program and mental health resources
- Active involvement in our committees with opportunities to volunteer with, for example, United Way, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, etc.
Please send your resumes to:
If you are interested in applying please send your resumes to:
Manager, Human Resources
All Hicks Morley employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada, as a condition of hire. Should you be the successful candidate you will be required to comply with the firm’s mandatory vaccination policy that is in effect.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Hicks Morley welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.