We are currently seeking a Labour & Employment Legal Assistant to join our professional legal team in our London office.
More About Us
With over 120 lawyers, Hicks Morley is a leading law firm in Canada focusing on the representation of management in human resources law and advocacy. We are pleased to announce that we are celebrating our 50th year in business. Labour and employment law is the foundation of our firm’s growth—the depth and scope of our expertise in human resources law is the Hicks Morley advantage.
Hicks Morley is a rapidly growing firm and we have five offices in Ontario: the main office in Toronto, and offices in Waterloo, London, Kingston, and Ottawa. We act for over 1,000 employers in the public and private sectors.
The successful candidate will possess at least 3–4 years of recent labour/employment law experience and be familiar with the current Rules of Civil Procedures. Familiarity working with arbitration and collective bargaining procedures and the OLRB would all be definite assets.
- Providing legal administrative support to lawyers by drafting, preparing and proofreading correspondence, accounts and various transactional documents and forms
- Drafting pleadings and preparing motion records, book of authorities and affidavits of service, arranging for filing of court documents and booking examinations for discovery
- Entering and maintaining lawyer’s dockets and coordination with the accounting department for billings
- Entering, updating and generating documents in ACL
- Liaising with courts and tribunals
- Maintaining lawyer’s emails and calendars—booking appointments including coordination of Zoom/Teams meetings and setting up the conference calls
- Maintaining and organizing physical and electronic files
- Preparing and updating cheque requisitions and expense reports
- Demonstrating a team approach; supporting and providing coverage for absences, ensuring strict adherence to confidentiality, accountability in relation to both internal and external clients to provide the support to clients of the firm
- Post-secondary education in business or related discipline. Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk Diploma is preferred
- Minimum three years of experience supporting legal professionals in a corporate work environment
- Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office, Document Management System, InterAction and ACL
- Must have excellent attention to detail, proofreading and organizational skills
- Strong ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, client service and time management skills
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality when interacting with internal and external clients
Why You Should Apply
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including RRSP program
- Wellness program and mental health resources
Please send your resumes to:
If you are interested in applying please send your resumes to:
Manager, Human Resources
All Hicks Morley employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada, as a condition of hire. Should you be the successful candidate you will be required to comply with the firm’s mandatory vaccination policy that is in effect. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Hicks Morley welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.