We are currently seeking a Manager, Human Resources to cover a maternity leave at our Toronto Office.
More about Us:
With over 120 lawyers, Hicks Morley is the largest firm in Canada focusing on the representation of management in human resources law and advocacy for over forty years. Labour and employment law is the foundation of our firm’s growth – the depth and scope of our expertise in human resources law is the Hicks Morley advantage.
We have five offices in Ontario: the main office in Toronto, and offices in Waterloo, London, Kingston, and Ottawa. We act for over 1000 employers in the public and private sectors.
Reporting to the firm’s Director, Human Resources and Administration, the Manager of Human Resources will be primarily responsible for supporting the Firm with recruitment; benefits administration; compensation; as well as supporting the firm’s strategic initiatives by updating and revising policies and procedures.
- Preparing and revising Job Descriptions
- Liaising with Recruitment Agencies to source quality candidates
- Organizing and participating in 1st and 2nd interviews, where needed
- Complete references if needed, prepare offer letter and complete offer transaction
- Administration of Group RSP for all non-professional staff and management, including preparing contribution memos, setting up e-enrollment and alerting the Manager of Accounting for payroll purposes
- Administration of Canada Life benefits, including the e-enrollment of all new professional and non-professional staff
- Administration of MindBeacon
- Administration of LifeWorks Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Understanding and working within our HRIS System – Dayforce
- Update current policies
- Draft new policies
- Responsible for onboarding lawyers, students, assistants and support staff, including setting up individuals in Dayforce and participating in Human Resources Onboarding meeting
- Coordinate training dates and schedules for support staff and assistants with Senior Trainer
- Prepare, coordinate and assist Director with Annual Reviews
- Coordinate and complete TLOMA Compensation survey for staff and Associates
- Manage staff absences, alerting any lawyers and/or managers, where needed
- Maintain personnel files for assistants and support staff
- Manage Ergonomic Assessments with Manager, Facilities
- Liaise with Manager, Facilities on internal office moves
- Participate in meetings with support staff, where needed.
- Projects as assigned by Director
- Ideal candidate would have strong HR Manager background, with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working within a professional services organization as a Manager;
- Candidate must possess their CHRP Designation and be in good standing with the HRPA;
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite with strong ability in PowerPoint and Excel; experience with viRecruit and iManage DMS an advantage; knowledge of Zoom with understanding of setup and ability to make changes;
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and handles sensitive and confidential assignments with discretion;
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail;
- Highly effective project and process management skills;
- Ability to prioritize effectively and meet competing deadlines;
- Proactively seeks and implements efficient processes and procedures and has demonstrated the ability to document these;
- Able to build and maintain positive working relationships at all levels;
- Friendly, energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented with the ability to take initiative.
We seek exceptional individuals who take pride in their work and know the importance of excellent client service. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, benefits, as well as other perks.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Hicks Morley welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please send your resumes to:
Manager, Human Resources