More about Us:
With over 120 lawyers, Hicks Morley is the largest firm in Canada focusing on the representation of management in human resources law and advocacy. Labour and employment law is the foundation of our firm’s growth – the depth and scope of our expertise in human resources law is the Hicks Morley advantage. We have five offices in Ontario: Toronto, Waterloo, London, Kingston, and Ottawa. We act for over 1000 employers in the public and private sectors.
We are currently seeking a permanent, full time Receptionist/Legal Assistant to join our Ottawa Office. The ideal candidate is passionate about client service, professional and has excellent communication skills. As a Receptionist you will be primarily responsible for providing various administrative support to lawyers and staff.
Responsibilities of the Receptionist include the following:
- Answer incoming calls, greet clients and visitors
- Maintain front desk, waiting areas, conference rooms, library, kitchen and other public areas
- Provide general administrative support to the office and staff overall, including copying, scanning, printing, faxing, binding, etc.
- Pick up, send and distribute mail; attend post office; replenish mailroom supplies
- Maintain petty cash and reconcile petty cash slips; request cheque for replenishment, prepare cheque requisitions, attend the bank as necessary
- Order office and kitchen supplies (milk, cream, coffee, etc.) and maintain the dishwasher
- Liaise with Ottawa’s office building management and the Toronto Hicks Morley office
- Prepare boardrooms for the service of beverages and occasionally order lunch for client meetings
- General office duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have the following:
- College Education or equivalent experience.
- Two years of office or customer front-facing experience
- Exceptional customer service skills and telephone manner
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Capability of taking initiative and working both independently while being a team player
- Previous experience in a law firm or in a corporate environment is an asset
- Proficient in MS Outlook Suite.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.
Please send your resumes to:
Manager, Human Resources
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.