Strikes – What Can You Insist on at the End?
- The impact of Vale
Interim Reinstatement – What if the Fox Comes Back?
- Front-end loaded strategies to manage the organization during a union drive in light of the Board’s power to reinstate
The Courts Wade In
- Labour Board as Arbitrator
- Applying the Charter – non-construction employers finally?
- Privacy – where to go and what to expect – when forum shopping may be of assistance on this issue and others
Changes at the OLRB – Are You Ready?
- Focus on costs and process
- Paper based decisions
- Cross-appointments and subject matter expertise
- Date setting preparedness
Professional Issues for In-House Counsel in the Labour Board Context
- The impact of the Labour Board’s unique consultative process on counsel’s obligations towards the presentation of evidence at the Board unrepresented applicants at the Board – how to reconcile the Board’s rules and the Rules of Professional conduct
- The impact of reverse onus obligations on the manner of presenting your organization’s interests before the Board – how to reconcile the most effective advocacy with the obligation to go first
| This program has been accredited by the Law Society for 0.5 Professionalism Hour
This program is also eligible for up to 1.0 Substantive Hours