Keynote Speaker on Mental Health in the Workplace
Dr. Raj Bhatla, Psychiatrist-in-Chief and Chief of Staff of the Royal Ottawa Health Care Group
Resources from Presentation
- The Royal is one of Canada’s foremost mental health care and academic health science centres with a mandate of getting more people living with mental illness into recovery faster. The Royal combines the delivery of specialized mental health care, advocacy, research and education to transform the lives of people with complex and treatment resistant mental illness.
- Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization committed to clinical practice, education and research. The clinic provides expert, whole-person care to everyone who needs healing.
- eMentalHealth.ca is a not-for-profit initiative of the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) dedicated to improving the mental health of children, youth and families.
- CheckYourDrinking.net is a personalized quiz designed to help an individual understand how much they drink compared to others, and how much money they spend on alcohol based on the results of the quiz.
- In this video, Dr. Raj Bhatla explores the topic of male mental health and looks at changing stereotypes. He also addresses the alarming statistics of middle-aged men and suicide.
10 Key Tips for Resilient Living
- Rewrite your negative scripts
- Choose the path to become stress hardy rather than stressed out
- Develop the ability to view life through the eyes of others
- Learn to communicate effectively: listen, learn and influence
- Accept yourself and others
- Make connections and display compassion
- Learn to deal effectively with mistakes
- Learn to deal well with success in building islands of competence
- Develop self-discipline and self-control
- Learn the lessons of resilience: maintain a resilient lifestyle