If you are looking at this page you are likely interested in what Hicks Morley has to offer you as you embark on your legal career. Let us share why we think we have a great deal to offer our students and lawyers and what you may find appealing about the opportunities at Hicks Morley.
In terms of our culture, we are open and transparent. We value the diversity of our team and the unique perspective we each bring. The ties of friendship and mutual respect bind us. We are committed to continuous learning and our greatest satisfaction comes from working with our colleagues and clients on unique and challenging problems.
We offer our students the opportunity to:
- learn about all aspects of labour and employment – from human rights, to privacy, to pension, benefits and executive compensation and beyond
- roll up your sleeves and get real advocacy and litigation experience guided by leading lawyers in the area
- get exposure to the solicitor side of the practice, including pension, benefits and executive compensation matters
- have direct and meaningful access to clients and work on the front lines, not in the back rooms
- work with clients from both the public sector (municipalities, school boards, hospitals, polices services boards, universities, community colleges, etc.) and the private sector (the ‘Big Five’ banks, global manufacturers, major professional sports leagues, teams and clubs, food and clothing retailers and wholesalers, energy and utility companies, hotels, resorts, art galleries and art councils etc.)
- learn about the business of law and how the firm’s client centred approach to legal practice is the foundation of our success
- have access to cutting edge knowledge management resources to support your growth and development
- work with and be mentored and trained by leading lawyers who are invested in your development
As a Hicks Morley student, you are an integral part of the firm and play a key role in the services provided to our clients.
Our student programs are designed to provide you with a strong legal and educational experience. All students, both articling and summer, can expect to be involved in a wide variety of matters, and you will progressively assume more responsibility as your experience and confidence grows.
But don’t just listen to us… read what our most recent summer students had to say about why they joined the firm and what their experience was like.
- Apply to our firm
- Meet our current students
- Meet our future students
- Meet our Student Committee
- Learn about:
- Tour our Toronto office
- Open House – Becoming a Successful Advocate: Advice for the Litigator-to-Be