Our Occupational Health Practice Group provides clients with comprehensive advice and representation on all issues relating to occupational health.
- advising on compliance issues relating to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) or the Canada Labour Code (CLC)
- developing and monitoring health and safety policies
- providing advice on the enforcement of safety policies through discipline
- training managers under the OHSA or the CLC
- assisting with the reporting requirements under the OHSA or the CLC
- providing advice during Ministry inspections and investigations
- conducting or assisting with post-accident investigations
- appealing orders issued by inspectors or health and safety officers
We also defend clients and/or individuals charged under the OHSA, the CLC or the Criminal Code in respect of workplace incidents and we have experience at all court levels. In some cases, we are able to persuade the prosecution to withdraw charges. In others, we negotiate plea arrangements or take cases to trial and, if necessary, through the appeals process.