Our Occupational Health group provides clients with comprehensive advice and representation on all issues relating to occupational health.
- advising on compliance issues relating to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (“OHSA”) or the Canada Labour Code (“CLC”)
- developing and monitoring health and safety policies
- providing advice on the enforcement of safety policies through discipline
- training managers under the OHSA or the CLC
- assisting with the reporting requirements under the OHSA or the CLC
- providing advice during Ministry inspections and investigations
- conducting or assisting with post-accident investigations
- appealing orders issued by inspectors or health and safety officers
We also defend clients and/or individuals charged under the OHSA, the CLC or the Criminal Code in respect of workplace incidents – and have experience at all court levels. In some cases, we’re able to persuade the prosecution to withdraw charges. In others, we negotiate plea arrangements – or take cases to trial and, if necessary, through the appeals process.