We are currently seeking a Labour & Employment Legal Assistant to join our professional legal team at our Ottawa Office.
More about Us:
With over 120 lawyers, Hicks Morley is the largest firm in Canada focusing on the representation of management in human resources law and advocacy for over forty years. Labour and employment law is the foundation of our firm’s growth – the depth and scope of our expertise in human resources law is the Hicks Morley advantage. We have five offices in Ontario, including our head office in Toronto as well as offices in Waterloo, London, Kingston, and Ottawa. We act for over 1000 employers in the public and private sectors.
This position will suit someone who enjoys utilizing their strong organizational, multi-tasking and team playing skills, in a congenial, professional atmosphere.
- Providing legal administrative support to two lawyers
- Preparation, formatting and proofreading of documents
- Liaising with courts and tribunals
- Calendar management and scheduling
- Daily maintenance of electronic and physical filing
- Expense reporting and dockets
- Other duties/projects as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Over 3 years of experience as a Legal Assistant in a law firm (labour and employment law experience is a strong asset)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Excel
- Familiarity with DMS and Acumin would be considered an asset
- Highly organized, multi-tasking individual who possesses impeccable attention to detail
- Strong ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, client service and time management skills
- The desire to expand their skill sets in the legal profession
We seek exceptional individuals who take pride in their work and know the importance of excellent client service. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, fully covered benefits (including family) and a generous RRSP, as well as other perks.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Hicks Morley welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please send your resumes to:
Manager, Human Resources