John Bruce is a management-side labour and employment lawyer in Hicks Morley’s Toronto office. John acts for an array of private and public sector employers in all aspects of workplace law.
John assists clients with:
- Advocacy, Litigation and Advice. He acts as employer counsel and advocate across Canada in grievance arbitrations, civil litigation, union issues, occupational health and safety cases, and human rights matters.
- Transactions and Strategy. He provides clients with strategic advice respecting employment and labour issues for executing large business initiatives and transactions.
- Executive Matters. John advises clients respecting sensitive executive compensation and transition issues.
- He acts as lead negotiator in collective bargaining with unions, including multi-party and centralized negotiations.
- Interest Arbitrations. He sits on Interest Arbitration Boards as Employer Nominee.
John is also a frequent and popular speaker at employer conferences and client events.
Awards & Recognition
Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (2017-2019)
Memberships & Affiliations
Canadian Bar Association – Member OBA Labour Relations Section
OBA Education Section
OBA Administrative Law Section
Professional Development Group (Canadian Law Firms)
Queen’s University, LL.B.
Queen’s University, B.A. (Hons.) Political Studies