Year of Call: Ontario, 1996
John Bruce is a management-side labour and employment lawyer in Hicks Morley’s Toronto office. John acts for an array of employers in the public and private sectors in all aspects of workplace law.
John assists clients with:
- Advocacy, Litigation and Advice. He acts as employer counsel and advocate across Canada in grievance arbitrations, civil litigation, union issues, occupational health and safety cases, and human rights matters.
- Transactions and Strategy. He provides clients with strategic advice respecting employment and labour issues for executing large business initiatives and transactions.
- Executive Matters. John advises clients respecting sensitive executive compensation and transition issues.
- He acts as lead negotiator in collective bargaining with unions, including multi-party and centralized negotiations.
- Interest Arbitrations. He sits on Interest Arbitration Boards as Employer Nominee.
John is also a frequent and popular speaker at employer conferences and client events.
Employment Law Human Rights Information, Data Security & Privacy Labour Relations Litigation Occupational Health Workplace Safety & Insurance
Arts & Sports Energy & Utilities Financial Services Healthcare Hospitality & Gaming Retail & Wholesale Trade Social Services Technology Transportation & Warehousing
Awards & Recognition
The Best Lawyers in Canada™ (2022-2023)
Labour and Employment Law
Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (2017–2023)
Labour Relations (Consistently Recommended)
Memberships & Affiliations
Canadian Bar Association – Member
Ontario Bar Association – Member (Labour & Employment Law, Administrative Law and Education Law)
Professional Development Group (Canadian Law Firms) – Member
Queen’s University, LL.B.
Queen’s University, B.A. (Hons.) Political Studies