We are currently seeking a Professional Development Coordinator to join our Professional Resources team at our Toronto Office.
More about Us:
With over 120 lawyers, Hicks Morley is the largest firm in Canada focusing on the representation of management in human resources law and advocacy for over forty years. Labour and employment law is the foundation of our firm’s growth – the depth and scope of our expertise in human resources law is the Hicks Morley advantage.
We have five offices in Ontario: the main office in Toronto, and offices in Waterloo, London, Kingston, and Ottawa. We act for over 1000 employers in the public and private sectors.
Reporting to the firm’s Director of Professional Resources, the PD Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will be assisting with the articling and summer student programs, student recruitment and on-boarding. The coordinator will also provide support with updating the firm’s intranet relating to professional development materials and other HR related policies/procedures.
- Coordinates start-to-end logistics for student recruitment including, but not limited to: arranging in firm interviews, organizing firm tours, reviewing applications, scheduling and sending in-firm interview confirmations, and booking boardrooms;
- Liaises with Law Schools nationally for student recruitment, sponsorship, advertising and/or awards;
- Liaises with incoming summer and articling students as directed by the DPR;
- Prepares employment letters, including offer letters for students;
- Coordinates the student mentoring program with guidance from the DPR;
- With direction from the DPR, plans and coordinates student orientations;
- Liaises with DPR to coordinate professional development sessions for students;
- Organizes and assists the DPR with the student evaluation process
- Plans and coordinates social programs for students;
- Coordinates payment of license processing fees for students with the LSO;
- General administrative duties, including booking meeting rooms, preparing and processing payments, documenting processes, and assisting with event logistics for associates;
- Coordinates with Marketing to ensure the student social media platforms are up-to-date;
- Responds to enquiries from lawyers, students and other departments in relation to the student program;
- Assists Human Resources with HR-related tasks and special projects, as necessary; and
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Ideal candidate would have an HR related background, with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working within a professional services organization;
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; experience with viRecruit an advantage;
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and handles sensitive and confidential assignments with discretion, as the PD Coordinator deals with highly confidential material;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Highly effective project and process management skills;
- Ability to prioritize effectively and meet competing deadlines;
- Proactively seeks and implements efficient processes and procedures;
- Able to build and maintain positive working relationships at all levels;
- Friendly, energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented with the ability to take initiative.
We seek exceptional individuals who take pride in their work and know the importance of excellent client service. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, fully covered benefits (including family) and a generous RRSP, as well as other perks. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Hicks Morley welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please send your resumes to:
Human Resources Generalist