The duty to accommodate disability is serious business and meeting that duty can be fraught with tough questions: What constitutes undue hardship? What kinds of questions should I ask (and not ask) to support a return to work? What about performance management?
In this session, Glenn Christie will provide an overview of relevant case law and legislation. He will be joined by Certified Disability Management Professional Tara Beaton who will provide practical tips for managing disabilities in the workplace.
Topics of discussion will include:
- the duty to inquire
- employer and employee obligations relating to the duty to accommodate
- undue hardship
- how to get what you need to establish accommodation needs
- bona fide occupational requirements
- management of medical information
- how to drive a successful return to work and maximize productivity
- guidance for managing performance and imposing lawful discipline when employees have disabilities
Registration closes November 2 at 8:00 a.m. (or sooner if the session sells out). To learn more about the event and to register, visit the HRPA.