Please note registration for this event is now closed.
Fee: $175.00 plus $22.75 (13% HST)
Total $197.75 per person
This session focuses on investigation fundamentals. Attendees will learn the key takeaways from caselaw and the best practices for investigating workplace incidents including:
- workplace harassment and violence complaints
- discrimination and harassment complaints under the Ontario Human Rights Code
- employee misconduct, such as suspected sick leave abuse or time theft
- health and safety complaints
- privacy considerations in electronic data collection
The session will include instructional components, video demonstrations and discussion regarding strategies to deal with issues that can arise when conducting investigations. Attendees will receive a detailed digital manual entitled, “Hicks Morley’s Guide to Conducting Investigations into Workplace Complaints.”
This session is suitable as a stand-alone experience but also acts as a substantive introduction to our interactive investigation exercise that will take you through a mock investigation. Click here to learn about our Workplace Investigation Training Workshop: Applying What You Know (Part 2).
By the end of this program, attendees will understand how to:
- organize and conduct an efficient and effective investigation
- get the most (and best) information out of witnesses
- collect, use and assess evidence, including electronic evidence
- avoid allegations that the investigation is flawed, biased or breached privacy
- best ensure that your investigation will hold up under the scrutiny of a decision maker write the report and conclude the investigation
Hicks Morley will endeavour to accommodate guests with a disability in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code guidelines and other applicable legislation.