Human Resources Legislative Update
Ontario Launches Consultation on Development of Occupational Health and Safety Strategy
Date: March 25, 2013
The Ontario Ministry of Labour has launched a consultation process further to the development of its first province-wide integrated occupational health and safety strategy. It has issued a consultation paper, “An Integrated Occupational Health and Safety Strategy for Ontario”, for review and comment by stakeholders.
Feedback is invited on issues such as:
- addressing the needs of vulnerable workers;
- providing support for small businesses regarding occupational health and safety issues;
- support for high hazard activities through, for example, the development of training standards;
- identification of additional steps to protect workers from occupational disease; and
- effective support for workplace parties.
The deadline for comments on the consultation paper is May 17, 2013