COVID-19: Pandemic Resource Partner
Date: September 25, 2020
Hicks Morley has the expertise to guide employers through the labour and employment issues involved with return to work and a work from home approach.
There will be a “new normal” as employers turn their minds to reopening or ramping up their operations as provinces ease the restrictions placed on them as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Unique challenges will now be faced by employers on all fronts: health and safety, human rights and accommodation, privacy and data security, workplace safety and insurance, pension and benefits and more. Hicks Morley can help.
Hicks Morley has the expertise to assist employers in their return to work efforts. For example, we can:
- identify your health and safety obligations, both in terms of ensuring a safe physical workspace and ensuring the health and safety of your employees
- assist you with obligations relating to statutory leaves
- review your work from home policies
- advise on benefits issues relating to re-enrolments requirements, waiting periods and insurance and disability coverage
- guide you through the privacy implications of a positive diagnosis in the workplace and navigate the collection of medical information
- work with you on various human rights and accommodation issues that may arise
- and more.
We are continuously monitoring developments as they occur and are sending communications to our clients with the latest information and its impact on the workplace. Stay up-to-date through your preferred delivery method:
- Consult our checklist for a successful return to work in a COVID-19 world
- Consult our Covid-19 resource centre
- Consult our articles and other materials on our website
- Subscribe to receive updates by email
- Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/hicksmorley
- Subscribe to our Return to Work RSS feed
The Hicks Morley Advantage
Hicks Morley has been advising employers for almost 50 years. We understand your business and we have the expertise and the depth to assist you in navigating the unique issues relating to COVID-19 and return to work.
As recognized leaders in the areas of employment and labour law, Hicks Morley is well-positioned to assist you in understanding your compliance obligations, developing return to work plans and managing the health and safety of your workforce.