Fee: $800.00 plus $104.00 (13% HST)
Total $904.00 per person
Feeling stuck between a collective agreement rock and a procedural hard place?
For human resources professionals tasked with maintaining workplace labour relations, navigating an organization’s grievance and arbitration process can present unique challenges – particularly if you aren’t yet familiar with key aspects and strategic considerations along the way.
This one day hands-on workshop has been designed to equip both new and more experienced members of your labour relations team with the skills necessary to prepare a case for grievance arbitration. From providing a refresher on the process and principles, to skill-building group work, we guide participants through key steps, including:
- Understanding and effectively managing the disciplinary procedure
- Scope of grievances: defining the issues for arbitration
- Grievance and arbitration procedure
- Pre-hearing disclosure of evidence.
Following instructional components, attendees will work in small groups through exercises designed to provide practical, hands-on experience in managing the grievance process, right up to the arbitration hearing. Attendees at this session will also receive a detailed manual entitled, “Arbitration and Grievance Reference Manual: A Hicks Morley Guide.”
By the end of this program, participants will understand how to:
- determine and apply appropriate disciplinary measures to address workplace misconduct
- strategically analyse grievances, and prepare effective grievance responses
- conduct a thorough investigation into issues raised in grievances
- gather necessary evidence and prepare for the grievance arbitration.
Please note that in order to maximize the experience of attendees, spaces in the workshop will be limited. We encourage you to register early to avoid disappointment.
If you are interested in offering this session at your place of business, please complete our client training request form.
*Should you need to cancel your registration, please send an email to email@example.com