Registration for this event is now closed.
Fee: $175.00 plus $22.75 (13% HST)
Total $197.75 per person
Employee absenteeism is one of the most challenging issues an employer faces and it can impact productivity and morale in the workplace. In addressing absenteeism issues, employers must be aware of the interplay between their legitimate expectation that employees attend work regularly and the many valid reasons for absences, including statutory leaves and an employee’s human rights. This program is intended to introduce employers to one of the most important tools available to address absenteeism – an attendance management program or policy.
In this Attendance Management Training Workshop 101, we guide employers through the basic legal principles relating to attendance management and provide tips on drafting a successful attendance management plan to fit your organizational needs and how to apply it.
We will also touch on the issues of asking for medical information and balancing the requirement to ask for medical information with the employee’s right to privacy.
We will conclude the session with a discussion of different scenarios that bring into play common issues in attendance management.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- critically evaluate their attendance management practices with a view to compliance with legal principles
- assess their attendance management plans, where applicable, against legal requirements
- effectively communicate with employees on questions related to the employees’ medical information while respecting their right to privacy.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is geared towards human resources professionals who:
- are looking to set up an attendance management program
- have recently taken on attendance management in their roles
- wish a refresher on the basic legal principles relating to attendance management.
Hicks Morley will endeavour to accommodate guests with a disability in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code guidelines and other applicable legislation.