FOI and Electronic Records
As the use and creation of electronic records continues to grow exponentially in institutions a number of unique FOI issues arise for coordinators and other involved in administering the legislation. This seminar will review the current state of the law and practical points on a variety of electronic records topics including:
- When is a record deemed not to be a record for the purposes of FIPPA/MFIPPPA
- Access issues for records stored on third party servers
- When can you charge to develop a computer program to response to an access request
- What is a reasonable search for electronic records? Central Servers? Local Drives? Personal Devices? Overwritten Records? Old media?
- Tips on conducting a cost effective and efficient electronic searches.
- Electronic Security – best practices