Please note registration for this event is now closed.
Due to the existence of hiring halls and the general less permanent nature of the employment relationship in the construction industry, many accommodation and re-employment obligations get overlooked. This session will address some of those obligations so you can learn how to avoid costly errors in respect to your own company.
In this Advantage CPD webinar, we will examine a number of accommodation and return to work issues including:
- WSIB and return to work obligations, even after the project is complete
- disability accommodation
- religious accommodation
- family status accommodation
By the end of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- recognize instances where the duty to accommodate may arise in the construction context
- understand how to procedurally address different types of accommodation requests
- understand the obligations of workers (and their unions) in the accommodation process
- understand procedural versus substantive accommodation obligations
- understand how to manage WSIB claims and re-employment obligations
- understand the role and powers of the WSIB in the accommodation process
This webinar will include an interactive Q&A feature. A panel discussion will be built into the last 10 minutes of the session to address audience questions that were submitted.
Hicks Morley will endeavour to accommodate guests with a disability in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code guidelines and other applicable legislation.