A lot can change in a week. With a view to containing the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been a flurry of announcements at the provincial and federal levels, including a Declared Emergency by the Ontario Government. From the mandatory closure of certain facilities, to the waiving of the waiting period for Employment Insurance (EI) sickness benefits for quarantined employees, closure of borders to non-essential travel, extension of the EI work-sharing program, and prohibited gatherings of over 50 people, new measures are being announced at a rapid pace. What do these developments mean for your workplace and your workforce?
In this one-hour webinar, our presenters recap the latest developments and discuss the implications for your organization. In particular, we touch on:
- Protected leaves including the Declared Emergency Leave
- Supplemental Unemployment Benefit Program (SUB) plans
- Delaying new employee start dates or rescinding offers
- EI benefits
- Income support for individuals who don’t qualify for EI
- Self-isolation vs self-monitoring
You must be logged in to access this content. Go to the Client Access area to login.