Pending amendments to the Canada Labour Code and the introduction of the Pay Equity Act mean significant changes are on the horizon for employers in the federal sector.
In this Advantage CPD session, we will take you through the more significant amendments to the Canada Labour Code including:
- Changes to working conditions
- Amendments to Part II (Occupational Health and Safety)
- Leaves of absence, terminations, and equal pay provisions
We will also review the incoming Pay Equity Act, and discuss the obligations of employers to:
- Establish joint pay equity committees
- Take steps to achieve pay equity
- Develop pay equity plans
By the end of this seminar, attendees will better understand potential changes affecting their workplaces as a result of these amendments to the Canada Labour Code, and have a foundation for understanding their obligations under the Pay Equity Act.
In addition to a Q&A panel discussion built into this session, our presenters will remain behind for any informal discussions you may wish to have.