This session will feature a facilitated discussion on data breach response. Questions addressed will include:
- The team. Who’s on it? Who plays what role? When to engage outside experts?
- Assessment. What degree of ambiguity should be tolerated? How much time to assess is justifiable?
- Internal communication. How broad a privilege to carve out? How to maintain it?
- Notification and external communication. Practical and legal considerations. What to say? When? What to offer?
- Remediation. What can’t be denied? When are protective offers justified?
Privacy and litigation lawyers from Hicks Morley will facilitate discussion with input from special guests Claudiu Popa of Informatica (information security) and Karen Gordon of Squeaky Wheel Communications (crises communications). Following the breach response discussion we will give short presentations on anti-spam compliance and BYOD policy. Please join us!
|This program has been accredited by the Law Society for 1.25 Professionalism Hours