One of the biggest costs faced by Ontario employers arises from absenteeism; one of the biggest challenges is putting in place an attendance management program which reflects the needs of the individual workplace while at the same time complying with legal obligations.
In this fast-paced session, we will discuss several hot button topics that clients often raise regarding their attendance management policies, including:
- Statutory obligations under the Employment Standards Act, 2000, the Human Rights Code and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act;
- Managing medical information
- Distinguishing between culpable versus non-culpable absences
- What exactly is frustration and when does give rise to termination
- Managing WSIB return to work issues
We will then take you through the fundamentals of developing and administering an attendance management policy appropriate to your organization. We will end off the program with a question and answer segment.
You will leave this session knowing some of the pitfalls to avoid in developing and applying an attendance management program, and how best to comply with your legal obligations.
This organization has been approved as an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content by The Law Society of Upper Canada.
Total CPD = 1 hour 30 minutes (1 hour 15 minutes Substantive and 15 minutes Professionalism)