Fee: $800.00 plus $104.00 (13% HST)
Total $904.00 per person
There’s no such thing as “textbook” accommodation. Whether your employee has a challenging physical or mental disability that impacts their ability to do the job, childcare problems that interfere with their performance, faith-related obligations or is in the process of transitioning, how you respond to that individual’s request – or don’t – can mean significant liability for your organization. Are you prepared?
This hands-on intensive workshop is designed to provide frontline HR Professionals with the tools they need to address and manage accommodation issues in the workplace. Following instructional components on key accommodation principles, attendees and presenters will work as a group through case scenarios focused on specific “hot button” accommodation issues relating to disability, family status, religion and gender identity and expression. These real-world scenarios are designed to highlight challenges unique to each category, and provide attendees with an in-depth understanding of governing legal principles, best practices – and common pitfalls that can arise in the accommodation process. Attendees will also receive topic-specific toolkits and takeaway sample worksheets to develop and implement appropriate accommodation processes.
By the end of this program, attendees will be able to:
- Critically evaluate their organization’s accommodation framework based upon key legal principles
- Understand substantive and procedural accommodation principles in the workplace
- Formulate a proactive “best practices” approach to implementing accommodation principles
- Effectively communicate with employees seeking accommodations
- Identify and distinguish employee “needs” vs. “wants”
- Respond effectively to disability accommodation requests and manage medical information throughout the accommodation process
- Avoid common pitfalls – and potential liability
Please note that in order to maximize the experience of attendees, spaces in the workshop will be limited. We encourage you to register early to avoid disappointment.
Hicks Morley will endeavour to accommodate guests with a disability in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code guidelines and other applicable legislation.
If you are interested in offering this session at your place of business, please complete our client training request form.
*Should you need to cancel your registration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org