Please note that this webinar is currently full.
Given social services agencies’ mandates, employees are constantly interacting with the public and others members of the community in delivering services, support and programs. With service-based human rights tribunal (HTRO) applications becoming more and more common, it is increasingly necessary that organizations in this sector be able to quickly respond to such complaints should they occur – and ideally prevent claims from arising in the first place.
Geared at executive directors and human resources professionals in social services agencies, this Advantage CPD webinar will explore some of the issues service-providers face as well touch on:
- How human resources professionals can assist their organizations in preparing for and responding to service-based human rights claims
- How to train front-line employees and volunteers to assist in identifying and addressing service-based human rights concerns
- Best practices to avoid service-based human rights issues
By the end of this seminar, attendees will have a better understanding of:
- The scope of a social services agency’s human rights obligations under the Human Rights Code
- Common types of HRTO allegations that arise in the service-based context
- The potential liability and outcomes that flow from a service-based complaint
- Measures social services agencies can take internally to help prepare for and/or avoid service-based HRTO applications