It seems that not a day goes by without a story in the newspaper or your newsfeed about employee fraud or employee misconduct. These kinds of issues can be messy, public, costly and damaging for the reputation of your business or organization. But there’s good news….we can help you handle these situations strategically and effectively when they arise!
In this Advantage CPD session, we will give you insight and strategies for navigating the key governance and litigation issues that employers routinely face in dealing with employees with commit fraud or other related misconduct in the workplace, and discuss topics including:
- An overview of employee fraud
- What to do when you suspect fraudulent activity in the workplace (investigations, maintaining solicitor-client privilege and co-ordinating forensic accountants)
- Strategic and avoiding pitfalls in dealing with employees suspected of fraud – how to navigate the courts, police and insurer issues
- Remedies available (from Mareva injunctions to restitution orders)
- Practical examples from actual case facts
By the end of this seminar, attendees will have a better understanding of:
What employee fraud is, what issues it raises for your organization, and how to deal with it effectively.
This organization has been approved as an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content by The Law Society of Ontario. Total CPD = 1.5 hours Substantive.