Please note that due to changes related to the COVID-19 outbreak, this event has been cancelled.
Fee: $800.00 plus $104.00 (13% HST)
Total $904.00 per person
Employee absenteeism is one of the most challenging issues an employer faces. From administering an attendance management plan, to dealing with chronic absenteeism, to terminating an employee’s employment for failure to report to work, employers are often treading cautiously so as not to infringe on an employee’s privacy or human rights.
In this Attendance Management Training Workshop, we guide employers through basic principles relating to:
- attendance management
- drafting a successful attendance management plan to fit your organizational needs
- returning an employee to work
- termination of employment for innocent absenteeism.
Interspersed with these instructional components are interactive sessions dealing with managing medical information, various absenteeism scenarios, accommodation and more.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- critically evaluate their attendance management practices with a view to compliance with legal principles
- assess their attendance management plans, where applicable, against legal requirements
- effectively communicate with employees on questions related to the employees’ medical information while respecting their right to privacy
- identify and manage various absenteeism problems
- evaluate the circumstances surrounding the chronically absent employee, whether there is a prospect of returning to work and whether termination for frustration of employment is appropriate.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is geared towards human resources professionals who:
- are looking to set up an attendance management program
- have recently taken on attendance management in their roles
- wish a refresher on the basic legal principles relating to attendance management.
Please note that in order to maximize the experience of attendees, spaces in the workshop will be limited. We encourage you to register early to avoid disappointment.
If you are interested in offering this session at your place of business, please complete our client training request form.
*Should you need to cancel your registration, please send an email to email@example.com