Please note registration for this event is now closed.
Fee: $175.00 plus $22.75 (13% HST)
Total $197.75 per person
Employee absenteeism is one of the most challenging issues an employer faces and it can impact productivity and morale in the workplace. In addressing absenteeism issues, employers must be aware of the interplay between their legitimate expectation that employees attend work regularly and the many valid reasons for absences, including statutory leaves and an employee’s human rights. Building on our Attendance Management Training Workshop 101, this program will examine specific issues relating to absenteeism and best practices in dealing with them.
In this Attendance Management Training Workshop 201, we briefly review the basic legal principles of attendance management. We then guide attendees through scenarios that address specific disability issues, best practices for returning an employee to work and when it may be appropriate to terminate an employee’s employment due to absenteeism.
By the end of the program, participants will learn how to:
- identify and manage a range of absenteeism issues
- effectively return employees to work
- assess when termination of employment may be appropriate
Who Should Attend
This workshop is geared toward human resources professionals who:
- already have a basic understanding of principles related to absenteeism
- regularly confront a range of absenteeism issues in their workplace
- wish to understand the range of options for returning an employee to work or when termination is appropriate
Hicks Morley will endeavour to accommodate guests with a disability in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code guidelines and other applicable legislation.