Occupational Health & Safety issues:
- The General Duty Clause: How can employers determine what is a “reasonable precaution” in the circumstances of COVID-19
- Navigating the choppy waters of work refusals and OH&S reprisal claims
- Effectively engaging the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Considerations for developing effective hazard assessment strategies
- OH&S Regulator at the Door: Strategies for preparing for regulatory inspections and investigations
Human Rights issues:
- The disease itself – when do you have to accommodate and why?
- Working for Home and Returning to Work – how do you manage accommodations for family status.
- Keeping the workplace respectful upon return – what challenges await us.
- Can an employer conduct health screening such as questionnaires, temperature testing, and contact tracing?
a. Legal framework
b. Use of technology
- Some best practices if an employer is implementing screening measures.
Employment Law issues:
- Terminations, “lay-offs” and leaves of absence
- Returning to work – constructive dismissal hazards
- Employment decisions and new federal support programs
- Changed workplaces, changed jobs, and the law