- Bill 148 Bootcamp: Implementation Training for Ontario Municipalities, Agencies, Boards and Commissions.
weeping changes to workplace laws are here – and to ensure compliance with Bill 148 Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA) and Labour Relations Act, 1995 (LRA) reforms, your Municipal Organization, Agency, Board, or Commission must be prepared to effectively implement them.
Join Hicks Morley and OMHRA for an intensive program tailored to issues faced by Municipalities, Agencies, Boards and Commissions, and designed to equip you with the insight, tools and practical resources necessary to prepare your organization for Bill 148 implementation.
Against the backdrop of a general overview of Bill 148, attendees will learn:
- Practical skills and tools to assess how the new equal pay for equal work provisions apply, particularly to your part-time, casual and seasonal employees
- How to calculate the new five-year vacation entitlement for your part-time, casual and seasonal employees
- How to integrate the new ESA leaves with existing collective bargaining entitlements, including the interaction of the new entitlement to two days of paid personal emergency leave with other current paid leave entitlements, such as bereavement
- How the new rules with respect to three-hour scheduling, on-call pay and public holiday pay work, and their impact on your day-to-day operations
- How to determine which positions constitute “an essential public service” for the purposes of the exception to the incoming “on-call” rules
- What steps you need to take prior to negotiating your next collective agreement to ensure compliance – and meet your strategic objectives