This session will offer a practical review of the legal steps and positive actions to manage the below listed potential Human Resources risks. Understanding the law and allowable responses will help prevent disruption, financial losses and help control costs.
This session will address:
- Data Breach: “Our manager just lost a suitcase full of personal information.”
We will review the law on data breach and provide a checklist for attendees to use if they ever get this call.
- Critical Injury: “Wake up, something terrible has happened.”
We will review the steps that must be taken to best protect the organization following a critical injury or fatality, including Professional Conduct issues on representation and joint representation with supervisors, managers and others who may face Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) charges.
- Wrongful Competition: “They sent these letters to all our clients?!”
We will speak to the law, the pros and cons of various legal responses to wrongful competition and how to analyze each situation.
- Off Duty Conduct: “Yes, that is our executive on the front page.”
We will address the rights and responsibilities of an employer when an employee is publicly charged with a crime or otherwise accused of unsavoury behaviour unrelated to the workplace.
- Psychological Disability: “She is SO uncooperative! Can’t we just terminate?”
We will identify the risks and legal remedies, and provide a flow chart for managing the corporate response to an employee with mental illness.
This program has been accredited by the Law Society for 0.5 Professionalism Hour