*Please note this session is Full
As social media becomes an entrenched part of our workplaces and our lives, employers are struggling to determine whether and how employee misconduct on these platforms can be managed or prevented. This Advantage CPD session is geared towards Human Resources professionals and will provide employers with a better understanding of their rights to address employee misconduct on social media and the difficult questions of privacy, free speech, and off-duty conduct that often accompany these issues.
In this Advantage CPD session, we will review and discuss:
• Freedom of speech and social media
• Social media misconduct: case law studies
• Social media as litigation evidence
• Development of social media policies and best practices
A 15 minute interactive Q & A panel discussion will also be included.
By the end of this seminar, attendees will have a better understanding of:
• The nature and extent of employee rights to free speech in relation to their employment and the workplace
• How to handle employee misconduct on-line and on social media that may warrant discipline or discharge
• How to properly preserve social media evidence and build a case using social media
• How to create a proper social media policy framework in the workplace
Our presenters will invite questions and remain behind for any informal discussions you may wish to have.