Fee – $750.00 plus $97.50 HST (13%), totalling $847.50 per person.
This workshop focuses on essential investigation skills required by HR Professionals who are charged with investigating workplace incidents. Following instructional components, attendees will work, in small groups, through case scenarios designed to highlight strategies which can be used to deal with issues that can arise when conducting investigations. Attendance at this session will include a detailed manual entitled, “Hicks Morley’s Guide to Conducting Investigations into Workplace Complaints”. Attendees will take away from this session information about:
- What to keep in mind as you approach the investigation
- How to develop an effective investigation plan
- How to develop effective questions
- How to ensure that your investigation is conducted fairly
- How to get the most out of your interviews
- How to deal with issues of confidentiality
- How to deal with the contents of the Investigative File
- How to deal with Investigation File Maintenance, including how long to hold on to files.
- How to determine whether employee e-mail and internet use can be monitored/reviewed as part of the investigation
- How to secure electronic files and why it is necessary to do so
- How to determine whether surveillance can be used as part of an investigationAssessing the Evidence
- How to assess the credibility of witnesses
- How to use circumstantial evidence
- How to use similar fact evidence
- How to measure evidence against the required standard of proof/onus
Writing the Report
- How to write an effective investigation report
Please note that in order to maximize the experience of attendees, spaces in the workshop will be limited. We encourage you to register early to avoid disappointment.
If you are interested in bringing this session in-house, please click here.