Fee: $800.00 plus $104.00 (13% HST)
Total $904.00 per person
This workshop focuses on essential investigation skills required by HR Professionals who are charged with investigating workplace incidents including:
- workplace harassment and violence complaints
- discrimination and harassment complaints under the Human Rights Code
- employee misconduct, such as suspected sick leave abuse or time theft
- health and safety complaints
Following instructional components, attendees will work in small groups through case scenarios designed to highlight strategies to deal with issues that can arise when conducting investigations. Attendees at this session will receive a detailed manual entitled, “Hicks Morley’s Guide to Conducting Investigations into Workplace Complaints.”
By the end of this program, attendees will understand how to:
- organize and conduct an efficient and effective investigation
- get the most (and best) information out of the witnesses
- collect, use and assess evidence, including electronic evidence
- avoid claims and allegations that the investigation is flawed, biased or breached privacy
- best ensure that your investigation will hold up under the scrutiny of a decision maker
- write the report and conclude the investigation
Please note that in order to maximize the experience of attendees, spaces in the workshop will be limited. We encourage you to register early to avoid disappointment.
Hicks Morley will endeavour to accommodate guests with a disability in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code guidelines and other applicable legislation.
If you are interested in offering this session at your place of business, please complete our client training request form.
*Should you need to cancel your registration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org