Human Resources Legislative Update
Fall 2012 Safety Blitzes Announced by Ontario Government
Date: August 22, 2012
The Ontario government has announced the launch of four targeted safety blitzes at workplaces across the province this Fall. The planned blitzes will focus on:
- supervision at construction sites (September and October);
- machine guarding hazards and repetitive strain injuries in manufacturing and industrial workplaces (October and November);
- infection prevention and control in health care workplaces (October and November); and
- transfer of ore in underground mines (November and December).
During the blitzes, Ministry of Labour inspectors will check on the following;
- the condition and maintenance of safety equipment;
- worker training;
- the use of safety equipment; and
- other potential health and safety hazards to help prevent workplace injuries.