Human Resources Legislative Update
WSIB Launches Public Consultation on Draft Policies for New Rate Framework
Date: August 15, 2017
The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) has launched a public consultation on seven draft policies made in support of its new Rate Framework, which was approved by the WSIB Board of Directors in November 2016. The Rate Framework has a targeted implementation date of January 2019.
Comments are invited on the following draft policies:
- Coverage Status Policy
- The Classification Structure Policy
- Eligibility for Single or Multiple Premium Rates Policy
- Associated Employers Policy
- Temporary Employment Agencies Policy
- Employer Level Premium Rate Setting Policy
- Employer Premium Adjustment Policy
The draft policies and background information can be found on the WSIB’s Rate Framework Policy Consultation page.
Submissions are invited by October 13, 2017 and can be forwarded to email@example.com.
For background information on the new Rate Framework, see our FTR Now of August 10, 2016, The Latest Update on WSIB Rate Framework Modernization and our Human Resources Legislative Blog Post of November 22, 2016, WSIB Rate Framework Approved.