Human Resources Legislative Update
WSIB Schedule 1 Regulation Amended
Date: September 22, 2017
The regulation makes changes to certain industries in which Schedule 1 employers are liable to contribute to the Insurance Fund.
Among other things, amendments to Class G – Construction:
- maintain the coverage of the erection and installation, by the manufacturer or as a business of, boilers, engines, heavy machinery, iron stairs, ornamental metal work on buildings, and tanks but remove the repair of those items
- remove operating a blacksmith shop, diving, steam cleaning of buildings and window cleaning from the work identified within the construction industry.
Amendments to Class I – Other Services add the following industries:
- cleaning of industrial equipment and machinery
- custom welding services, except in construction
- window cleaning
- removal of asbestos and other toxic insulation material
- home inspection
- commercial diving.
O. Reg. 348/17 comes into force on January 1, 2018.