Human Resources Legislative Update
Bill 148 Passes Second Reading, Ordered (Back) to Committee for Further Review
Date: October 18, 2017
On October 18, 2017, Bill 148, Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017 (Bill 148), as amended by the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs, passed Second Reading after debate and was referred back to the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs for further review.
Read the government’s announcement here.
We will continue to monitor Bill 148 developments and provide you with timely updates as they are available.
Find out more about our upcoming Bill 148 events here. For background information on Bill 148, please consult our prior publications:
- Ontario Proposes Amendments to ESA Regulations in Anticipation of Bill 148 and to Administrative Monetary Penalties under ESA, EPFN
- Big Changes to Bill 148 after Committee Review
- Bill 148 and Pay Equity: A Changing Landscape and Increasing Scrutiny of Ontario Employers
- Ontario Proposes Legislative Overhaul of Labour Relations Act, 1995in Bill 148 – Are you Prepared?
- Bill 148 and the ESA – Changes are on the Horizon for Ontario Employers
- A Bill 148 Timeline