Every employer has a fear that a plaintiff (or plaintiffs!) will come out of the wood work with a claim from years ago, when all of the witnesses and maybe even the key documents are long gone. But do not fear. The law of limitations can help, if you know what to do and have the right targeted strategy.
In this Advantage CPD session, we will take you through some of the hot button issues surrounding Limitations that employers are currently facing including:
- An overview of the key legal issues on limitations – from 40,000 feet
- Limitations and pleadings motions
- Limitations and summary judgment motions
- Limitations arguments at trial
- Limitations and professional ethics
By the end of this seminar, attendees will have a better understanding of:
- The law of limitations
- Strategic and practical issues with respect to limitations arguments
- The best preparation and approach for asserting a limitations defence
Our presenters will invite questions and remain behind for any informal discussions you may wish to have.
|This organization has been approved as an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content by The Law Society of Upper Canada. Total CPD = 15 minutes of Professionalism, and 1 hour and 15 minutes of Substantive CPD|