Legislative and regulatory reforms have recently been fast and furious. More pension and benefit related cases than ever are working their way through the system. In the face of such change, employers and plan administrators must be ready to act, making adjustments to plan design and administration.
In this Advantage CPD session, we will take you through some of the new challenges that employers and plan administrators are facing including:
• Introduction of the administrative monetary penalty regime in Ontario
• Handling death benefit claims and beneficiary entitlements
• Preparing for extended Employment Insurance parental benefits
• Defined benefit solvency funding reforms
• Defined contribution plan governance
• Medical marijuana in the workplace and under benefit plans
• Benefit plan continuation for disabled employees
By the end of this seminar, attendees will have a better understanding of:
• The latest legislative and regulatory reforms affecting pension and benefit plans
• Key potential areas of risk to be managed in the coming year
• Strategies for managing that risk
This organization has been approved as an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content by The Law Society of Ontario. Total CPD = 2 hours Substantive.