We are back with our ever popular roundtable on legal ethics, just in time to meet your professionalism CPD requirements for 2016. This session is accredited for 1.5 hours of professionalism.
Using labour and employment-related ethical dilemma scenarios tailored to in-house counsel, there will be small group discussions followed by a review of the applicable Rules of Professional Conduct.
Themes that we will discuss include:
- The thorny issues that arise when dealing with the unrepresented litigant
- Conflicts of interest, confidentiality and “off the record” conversations during labour negotiations
- What to do when you know your witness is lying during a legal proceeding
- Representing company employees: joint retainers and your obligations as in-house counsel
- Dealing with an opposing counsel who is offensive, rude and then fails to engage
- Your obligations as an advocate, both to your client and to the court or tribunal
- Who is the client – the organization? the Board?
Our presenters will invite questions and remain available after the session for any informal discussions you may wish to have.
|This organization has been approved as an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content by The Law Society of Upper Canada.
Total CPD = 1 hour 30 minutes (1 hour 30 minutes Professionalism)