Fee – $780.00 plus $101.40 HST (13%), totalling $881.40 per person.
Employee absenteeism is one of the most challenging issues an employer faces. From administering an attendance management plan, to dealing with chronic absenteeism, to terminating an employee for failure to report to work, employers are often treading cautiously so as not to infringe on an employee’s privacy or human rights.
In this Attendance Management Training Workshop, we guide employers through fundamental legal principles relating to attendance management and provide tips on drafting a successful attendance management plan to fit your organizational needs. Following this instructional component, presenters and attendees will work as a group on issues related to the balancing of management of medical information with the employee’s right to privacy and the always challenging area of accommodation of complex issues or disabilities. We will conclude the session with a seminar on fitness to stay at work and an interactive workshop on administering an attendance management program and termination for non-attendance at work.
By the end of the program, attendees will be able to:
- critically evaluate their attendance management practices with a view to compliance with legal principles
- assess their attendance management plans, where applicable, against legal requirements
- understand the differences between ‘culpable’ and ‘non-culpable’ absences
- effectively communicate with employees on questions related to managing their medical information while at all times respecting the employees’ right to privacy
- respond effectively to issues such as excessive absenteeism where no disability disclosed, absenteeism related to chronic illness, the aging workforce, addiction, mental health issues and the chronically unwell employee
- understand the duty to accommodate complex disabilities
- understand the steps to take to deal with innocent absenteeism when the employee has no reasonable prospect of returning to work
Please note that in order to maximize the experience of attendees, spaces in the workshop will be limited. We encourage you to register early to avoid disappointment.
If you are interested in offering this session at your place of business, please complete our client training request form.
*Should you need to cancel your registration, please send an email to email@example.com