*Registration for this event will open soon
Fee: $800.00 plus $104.00 (13% HST)
Total $904.00 per person
Employee absenteeism is one of the most challenging issues an employer faces. From administering an attendance management plan, to dealing with chronic absenteeism, to terminating an employee’s employment for failure to report to work, employers are often treading cautiously so as not to infringe on an employee’s privacy or human rights.
In this Attendance Management Training Workshop, we guide employers through the basic legal principles relating to attendance management and provide tips on drafting a successful attendance management plan to fit your organizational needs.
Following this instructional component, presenters and attendees will work as a group on topics such as balancing the management of medical information with the employee’s right to privacy and the always challenging area of accommodation of complex issues or disabilities.
We will conclude the session with a discussion of fitness to stay at work and an interactive workshop on termination of employment for non-attendance at work.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- critically evaluate their attendance management practices with a view to compliance with legal principles
- assess their attendance management plans, where applicable, against legal requirements
- effectively communicate with employees on questions related to the employees’ medical information while respecting their right to privacy
- address issues such as excessive absenteeism where no disability is disclosed or which is related to chronic illness, and absenteeism which is related to the aging workforce, addiction or mental health issues
- understand the duty to accommodate complex disabilities
- deal with innocent absenteeism when the employee has no reasonable prospect of returning to work.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is geared towards human resources professionals who:
- are looking to set up an attendance management program
- have recently taken on attendance management in their roles
- wish a refresher on the basic legal principles relating to attendance management.
Please note that in order to maximize the experience of attendees, spaces in the workshop will be limited. We encourage you to register early to avoid disappointment.
If you are interested in offering this session at your place of business, please complete our client training request form.
*Should you need to cancel your registration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org