Cost: $390 plus $50.70 HST (13%) – totalling $440.70 per person
There’s no such thing as “textbook” accommodation. If your employee has a challenging physical or mental disability that impacts their ability to do the job, how you respond to that individual’s request – or don’t – can mean significant liability for your organization. Are you prepared?
This hands-on intensive workshop is designed to provide frontline HR Professionals in the long-term care sector with the tools they need to address and manage accommodation issues in their workplaces.
Following instructional components on key accommodation principles, attendees and presenters will work as a group through case scenarios focused on specific “hot button” disability accommodation issues.
These real-world scenarios are designed to highlight challenges in the long-term care sector, and provide attendees with an in-depth understanding of governing legal principles, best practices – and common pitfalls that can arise in the accommodation process.
Attendees will also receive topic-specific toolkits and takeaway sample worksheets to develop and implement appropriate accommodation processes.
By the end of this program, attendees will be able to:
- Critically evaluate their organization’s current accommodation approach based upon key legal principles
- Understand substantive and procedural accommodation principles in the workplace
- Formulate a proactive “best practices” approach to implementing accommodation principles
- Effectively communicate with employees seeking accommodations
- Identify and distinguish employee “needs” vs. “wants”
- Respond effectively to disability accommodation requests and manage medical information throughout the accommodation process
- Avoid common pitfalls – and potential liability
If you are interested in offering this session at your place of business, please complete our client training request form.